Delicious Baked Plum Cake
- 175g Unsalted Butter ‘room temperature’
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 ripe plums, halved and destoned
- 1 tsp demerara sugar
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Whipped cream to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180c (160c fan-forced). Grease and line a 26cm x 17cm baking pan with baking paper, leaving a 2cm overhang.
2. Using electric beaters, beat butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl until creamy. Add eggs one by one, beating well after each egg. Combine flour and baking powder and sift over mixture. Using a large metal spoon, stir until well combined. Pour mixture into baking pan.
3. Arrange plum wedges on top of cake mix. Sprinkle with sugar.
4. Bake for 55 – 60 minutes until golden and cooked through.
5. Cool in pan, dust with icing sugar. Serve with whipped cream.